Sunday, July 7, 2024

Au Revoir Simone - dark halls, 2007

"Au Revoir Simone is an electro-pop band that’s making its mark around the country. Sunday, the New York group will show off its tunes at the Fox Theatre. The keyboard-based outfit has become a favorite of filmmaker David Lynch, played Denver’s Monolith Festival and performed at European fashion shows. The band’s now touring behind its latest CD, Still Night, Still Light. Erika Forster is one of Au Revoir Simone’s three keyboardists, and she has very strong ties to Colorado. That’s because the performer’s dad is “etown” host and Hot Rize member Nick Forster. “I grew up in Boulder and went to Boulder High,” Forster said. “My dad’s a musician and my mom dabbled in music. I took piano lessons when I was growing up, so that’s the instrument I stuck with. “I grew up in a musical environment and that helped me trust my own musical instincts.” Forster moved from Colorado to the East Coast, where she pursued her musical dreams with Au Revoir Simone. The three-piece band wanted to create a signature sound, so the girls set out to create their own brand of ethereal pop music. Au Revoir Simone creates its unique pop sounds by using vintage synthesizers and drum machines. “We really try to create our own sounds,” Forster said. “We try to create layers of waveforms and fuse them with these beautiful melodies. Au Revoir Simone creates these soft, dreamy songs that are based in pop and rock.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only as an exception, comments will be published. Os comentários só serão publicados a título excepcional.